Reply to: Re: A NEW TOPIC (you can read this)

Subject: Reply to: Re: A NEW TOPIC (you can read this)
From: Chet_Cady -at- OCLC -dot- ORG
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 1993 14:08:42 EDT

CEO document conShort message
From: Chet Cady:CEO
Date: ## 04/29/93 14:10 ##
It seems evident to me that many engineers--including many who are in
charge of documentation--do not know what documentation should be
like. Nor do they know that anyone else knows. I interviewed once
at a place that was hiring its first tech writer. The engineer
interviewing me told me, "Now I like Loius L'amor (sp?), but I don't
want any writing like that in my manuals." Sheesh! What does he
think =we= think tech writing is?

Chet Cady
cady -at- oclc -dot- org

From: awelden -at- SOSC1 -dot- SOSC -dot- OSSHE -dot- EDU:smtp