Re: Avoiding the Secretary Syndrome

Subject: Re: Avoiding the Secretary Syndrome
From: Jeanne F Fullerton <jf44+ -at- ANDREW -dot- CMU -dot- EDU>
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 1993 13:25:50 -0400

>I think I earned their respect by showing them
>what I was--a damned good writer.

Hey everybody,

Please don't flame me for my previous comment on the above sentence! I
grew up with the assumption that "damned" = condemned to hell, and that
"damn" = a superlative or a swear word. I just checked a dictionary and
therefore, I apologize. Just goes to show there's always room for
learning.

Sorry Brenda.

Jeanne