Correction to Digests Message - Sorry

Subject: Correction to Digests Message - Sorry
From: "Eric J. Ray" <ejray -at- OKWAY -dot- OKSTATE -dot- EDU>
Date: Thu, 8 Apr 1993 12:19:36 CST

I goofed. I wrote one of the two listserv addresses in
the previous message incorrectly. They should be:
LISTSERV -at- VM1 -dot- UCC -dot- OKSTATE -dot- EDU
or
LISTSERV -at- OSUVM1 -dot- BITNET

Following is the corrected message:
Hi gang!
Happy birthday to us--we are one month old and here are
our stats to date:
We have about 270 subscribers to the listserv, in
addition to unknown numbers on network news.
We load the network down with about 10 messages per
day.
We have stunned the system administrators here--they
didn't think that there were this many people who LIKE
to write and edit in the whole world, let alone this
many who will publically admit to it and send messages
to a listserv to boot. Actually, they just didn't think
there was anything for tech writers to discuss.

The new news:
We have the newest version of listserv, so DIGESTS are
now available. To get the digests, send a message to:
LISTSERV -at- VM1 -dot- UCC -dot- OKSTATE -dot- EDU
or to:
LISTSERV -at- OSUVM1 -dot- BITNET
Do not send the message to the list address
the following on the first line of the message:
SET TECHWR-L DIGEST
Your mail will immediately stop, and you will get
digests from techwr-l each day.

Other options:
The following messages would be sent to:
LISTSERV -at- VM1 -dot- UCC -dot- OKSTATE -dot- EDU
or to:
LISTSERV -at- OSUVM1 -dot- BITNET
Do not send the message to the list address
the following commands on the first line of the
messages.

An option you might want to consider is:
SET TECHWR-L REPRO
This tells listserv to send your own postings back to
you, not just to other people.

If you want more information about listserv and the
commands available, try:
INFO

Listserv will respond with a list of topics and
two-part file names in parenthesis. To obtain the files
that the INFO command lists, tell listserv:
GET XXXXXXXX XXXX
XXXXXXX XXXX should be the name of the file you
want.

If you want to learn to use the database functions, to
find certain postings or reread what has been
discussed, try:
INFO DATABASE

Good luck!
Eric
ejray -at- okway -dot- okstate -dot- edu