Re: Getting Started in Tech Writing

Subject: Re: Getting Started in Tech Writing
From: Justine Correa <correaj -at- SDSC -dot- EDU>
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 1993 17:43:38 GMT

>Come to Silicon Valley. There are many openings for permanent and
>contract writers, mostly for software. The buzz words are UNIX,
>networks, and FrameMaker. (so far this year). I get calls from
>headhunters every few days.
>Housing costs have been going down, but the median is still around >$200K.

what is the average salary though? as long as they're paying well, $200k is
not bad. (it's all relative -- I'm from San Diego.)

I agree about the buzz words (yea frame), and will add graphics -- my
favorite subject. (virtual reality, morphing, networked environmental
visualization, etc.) decide what technologies you're interested in, find
out what companies are doing well in those areas, then go after them.
good luck.

justine
correaj -at- sdsc -dot- edu