Re: Getting Started in Tech Writing

Subject: Re: Getting Started in Tech Writing
From: "Dorsie Hathaway" <dorsieh -at- AGORA -dot- RAIN -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 5 Apr 1993 20:14:51 PDT

> I'll be graduating in a scant month with a BA English, but with little
> experience, unfortunately. While I've had experience with document
> preparation under UNIX (school papers, etc.), I don't have much knowledge
> of PC based applications. My education has concentrated heavily on technical
> writing, applied writing, and I have the same foundation that engineering
> students receive.

Get literate on a PC ASAP! and, get copies of some of the documents
you have written, especially short ones that you can submit as writing
samples along with your resume.

Keep up the good work.

Dorsie

--
--Dorsie Hathaway, Technical Writer INTERNET: Dorsieh -at- agora -dot- rain -dot- com
Dorsieh -at- xzact -dot- com