STC Conference

Subject: STC Conference
From: lorelle -at- ZELDA -dot- SANDIEGO -dot- NCR -dot- COM
Date: Fri, 2 Apr 1993 16:24:57 PST

Hi,

I just received approval to attend the STC conference in Dallas.
I'm really excited, because in all my years of doing tech
writing, I've never been able to go. I'd appreciate some tips
from the "have gones" as to how to make the most of it. One
question that comes to mind is, what do you do when there are
several sessions you'd like to attend, but they're all at the
same time? Is it better to go to the "papers," "panel,"
"demonstration," or "conference workshop" sessions? Can I think
that because the papers will be in my copy of the
Proceedings, I should choose something else? Is a
conference workshop the best because it requires a ticket? I
won't bog down this message with a bunch of little questions,
but I would like some feedback on other people's
experiences--what did you learn that you will do next time? what
did you learn NOT to do? etc.

Thanks!
Lorelle
lorelle -at- zelda -dot- sandiego -dot- ncr -dot- com