RE: Readers who don't read

Subject: RE: Readers who don't read
From: MaryJean Fitzgibbons <MJFITZG -at- WAYNEST1 -dot- BITNET>
Date: Fri, 2 Apr 1993 18:24:56 EST

On Fri, 2 Apr 1993 08:02:23 EST <HOLLAND -at- IPFWCVAX> said:
>Try telling them:
> Type A to answer, or D to delete.

Hello, this is my first question/response as a new subscriber.

When writing instructions like the above for new users, has anyone _ever_
had a person TYPE the command and then just wait for something to happen
--without pressing an ENTER key?

This has happened to me often with very novice/new users, so I end up
repeatedly stating something like ...type A and then press the Enter key.

what do others think of this? or how have you-all handled the problem?

Mary Jean Fitzgibbons, Information Coordinator
Wayne State University, Detroit, Michigan