He/She, His/Her, Him/Her

Subject: He/She, His/Her, Him/Her
From: Chet_Cady -at- OCLC -dot- ORG
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 1993 12:55:12 EDT

Another trick of our trade is to address the reader: "You are
responsible for such and such"; "To start the engine, turn the key on
the front of the computer." (Forgive my capitalization!)

Whatever you do, don't make the mistake that a local restaurant chain
made on the back of its checks, where they ask, "Did your server
introduce his/herself?" Then again, it's a country-sausage
restaurant, and a waiter there might introduce hisself.

Chet Cady
cady -at- oclc -dot- org