Re: undergrad tech writing students

Subject: Re: undergrad tech writing students
From: "David Tillyer, CCNY" <DATCC -at- CUNYVM -dot- BITNET>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 1993 23:49:45 EST

Now that Gary Beason has fessed up, I too will tell you that I have
some of my students at City College monitoring the list. They were
specifically told not to post for three weeks until they learned the
vernacular. Some have already begged to be allowed to quit. Our
discussion is a little dry and much too voluminous for them, I fear.
However, other students have expressed considerable interest in the
list and the idea of tech writing as a career choice.

Speaking of career choices: how is technical writing as a source of
bread and butter? Is it interesting and rewarding? How did you
folks happen into the field? Peace, David Tillyer CCNY