Resources for learning about the Internet

Subject: Resources for learning about the Internet
From: Joseph T Chew <JTCHEW -at- LBL -dot- BITNET>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 1993 16:24:52 PST

There are several such resources. Bob M. recommends
"The Whole Internet." A full cite, courtesy of the
University of California's MELVYL database by way of
the University of Washington Information Navigator
(telnet uwin.u.washington.edu) is:

>1. Krol, Ed.
> The whole Internet : user's guide & catalog / Ed Krol. [Corr. ed.].
> Sebastopol, CA : O'Reilly & Associates, c1992.
> Series title: Nutshell handbook.

Something scratching in the catbox that used to be my mind
says that there's a book out called "The Internet Companion,"
but I can't find a cite for it online.

John December (decemj -at- rpi -dot- edu) seems to be maintaining a list
of Internet tutorials and information pointers and so forth.
Some of them are probably available through the ether.

Good luck,
--Joe