apologies!!!

Subject: apologies!!!
From: Lynn Ward <ward -at- UX1 -dot- CSO -dot- UIUC -dot- EDU>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 1993 08:53:12 -0600

If any or all of the people who sent mail to me last night got an outdated
"vacation" message in response, my apologies. I decided to set up a
"mirror" of my mailbox on a second Unix machine, not realizing that the sys
admin had copied an old .forward file from my regular unix account into the
home directory on that machine. To my horror, this morning a discovered
that the second machine was forwarding mail back to my usual mail server
which was forwarding it back to the second machine and so forth ( I had
about 20 copies of every incoming message). In addition the .foward file
on the second machine was set up to pipe incoming mail through the vacation
program (ugh!), so I'm afraid it might have automtically responded to
senders or groups with a canned vacation message from back in October.

Sorry!

Lynn

Lynn Ward, Network Design Office
1541 DCL, 1304 West Springfield Ave., Urbana, IL 61801
(217)244-0681, ward -at- ux1 -dot- cso -dot- uiuc -dot- edu