RE: Quality

Subject: RE: Quality
From: Tom Warren <TWARREN -at- OSUVM1 -dot- BITNET>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 1993 23:11:52 CST

Well done. Great repoly. You, of course, put your finger on the heart
of the matter. I view the joint project as carrying surface (and
mid-structure) features analysis to a high art. After all, they aren't
doing a lot more than the quantifiable approach of Fry, Gunning, et al.
But, then, we have to walk . . . . I am nxious about the next step
because it will really be interesting to see if someone can quantify
that contact between a person and experience (to steal from Robert
Pirsig). If someone can do that, then we've made a significant advance.
Yes, I am aware of Chris's anthology. He's doing it for STC (I
manage the Pubs. committee) and it will be available in Dallas along
with, we hope, 4-7 other new books. And there are more to come. (And
where is your proposal???) Hope to see you there.
Tom Warren
twarren -at- vm1 -dot- ucc -dot- okstate -dot- edu
twarren -at- osuvm1 -dot- bitnet