Distribution - digests?

Subject: Distribution - digests?
From: "Eric J. Ray" <ejray -at- OKWAY -dot- OKSTATE -dot- EDU>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 1993 09:20:45 CST

Hi,

I have some news about the digest option. The standard listserv software,
written by Eric Thomas, does not offer a digest option. The beta-test version
of the listserv software does offer this option, but the beta can only be
run on BITNET backbone servers. This list lives on a non-backbone server,
so we do not have the option of running the beta software.

The new version of listserv should be out sometime soon (maybe one or two
months?). Our system administrator promises me that he will install the new
software as soon as it becomes available, and let me know. As soon as he
tells me, I will tell all of you and explain how to activate the digest
option. Or course, you will be able to continue receiving postings just
as you have been as well.

So, until the new version is released, we just have the standard "periodic mail
throughout the day" option.

Sorry,
Eric
ejray -at- okway -dot- okstate -dot- edu
listowner

Bill Said:
>I'm glad to see such a list started, but would like to receive it
>in digest format.

>What's the command to receive it as a digest?

Thanks!
Bill