Re: Technical uhhh....

Subject: Re: Technical uhhh....
From: we -at- SFU -dot- CA
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 1993 22:58:05 PST

Hi Philip,

> realize that this is a "technical writing" list, but I'm wondering
> whether the readers of this list make a distinction between technical
> writing, and technical communication, and if so, what that distinction
> is. If you'd rather not post to the list, just email to me and I'll
> summarize later.

From what I can tell, technical writing is just the writing, whether
it be online or on paper. Technical communication (which is why the
tech writers group is called the Society for Technical Communication)
encompasses everything else, from scriptwriting for technical videos,
to designing multimedia technical proposals/presentations, to editing
technical documents, to a host of other technical cmns issues, some
of which come very close to business writing, and others of which come
very close to corporate communications.

Hope this helps!

- Gladys