RE: SDLC Documentation

Subject: RE: SDLC Documentation
From: "Annette Reilly" <annetterieee -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: "'Jason L'" <dotlogue -at- gmail -dot- com>, <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2022 12:56:05 -0400

I'm guessing that by SDLC you are talking about a systems/software development life cycle.
The basic standard for this is ISO/IEC/IEEE 12207:2017, Systems and software engineering -- Software life cycle processes, https://ieeexplore.ieee.org/document/8100771
See clause 4 and Annex A; your goal is to show that you have full or tailored conformance to the outcomes in all or many of the life cycle processes described in clause 6 of 12207.
I would not try to show conformance to activities and tasks, just focus on the process outcomes.
More to the point of HITRUST, you may want to demonstrate conformance to ISO/IEC/IEEE 16085-2020 - ISO/IEC/IEEE Systems and software engineering -- Life cycle processes -- Risk management, https://ieeexplore.ieee.org/document/9325968
It is worth your time to pay for copies of these standards to avoid having to kludge together a life cycle process model based on life as it is lived at RealDocs.
If anybody in your organization is talking about DevSecOps, you could look at IEEE 2675:2021, IEEE Standard for DevOps: Building Reliable and Secure Systems Including Application Build, Package, and Deployment https://ieeexplore.ieee.org/document/9415476

I'm hoping that from your work with HiTRUST that you have already come into contact with these source standards, which you probably will need to reference as well:
ISO/IEC 27002:2013: Information Technology Security Techniques Code of Practice for Information Security Controls [ISO/IEC 27002:2013]
ISO/IEC 27799:2016: Health Informatics â Information Security Management in Health using ISO/IEC 27002 [ISO/IEC 27799:2016]
ISO/IEC 29100:2011: Information Technology â Security Techniques â Privacy Framework [ISO/IEC 29100:2011]
ISO/IEC 29151:2017: Information Technology â Security Techniques â Code of Practice for Personally Identifiable Information Protection [ISO/IEC 29151:2017]

Good luck,
Annette Reilly
Editor, ISO/IEC/IEEE 12207
ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC7 WG2 Secretary
Systems, software, and services documentation