RE: Uniform processes and designs through an editorial guide

Subject: RE: Uniform processes and designs through an editorial guide
From: Lin Laurie <linlaurie1 -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: "Riese, Claudia" <CRiese -at- tunstall -dot- de>, "techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2021 22:43:57 +0000

Hi Claudia,

I've worked with something called a Design Guide in the past. They help you consistently produce material that looks the same across an organization, no matter who authors it. I originally started using them when designing online training material, and it included information that includes:

* Brand consistency rules like logo placement
* Color palette information and codes (hex or RGB) for text, bullets, and other design elements
* Font styles and rules for usage
* Rules of use (like using half of a page with an image and using certain fonts and which sizes for text on the other side)

A lot of this information is helpful when designing new templates.

It is hard to google these docs as the titles can be confusing. I found what I'm referring to under the terms brand style guide or marketing guides. I think if you google "brand style guide," it will be helpful, and I also found this to be a good link to get you started.

https://blog.hubspot.com/marketing/examples-brand-style-guides

Lin Laurie

206.900.1861

www.linlaurie.com