Re: Best ebook software or method for a 250-page book from PDF to Kindle

Subject: Re: Best ebook software or method for a 250-page book from PDF to Kindle
From: "Grant Hogarth" <grant -at- hedgewizard -dot- net>
To: "Raphael Workman" <raphaelworkman -at- comcast -dot- net>, TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2020 19:34:50 +0000

Quite honestly, in my experience PDF -> Anything is generally problematic and requires a lot of rework.
That said, I have not tried all the tools out there, and there are some new ones (such as PDF Bear) that promise better conversion results. Another option to look at would be Scrivener {https://www.literatureandlatte.com/scrivener/overview}.
It can consume PDFs and output ebooks.

OTOH, if you are comfortable writing macros for Word, that might work very well also.

Grant