Re: Empiric studies on the impact of documentation

Subject: Re: Empiric studies on the impact of documentation
From: Dave C <davec2468 -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2019 12:41:53 -0700

With Air France flight 447, which crashed in the south Atlantic Ocean, a contributing factor was that the 2 pilotsâ joystick controls are not connected together so a pilot cannot âfeelâ the inputs of the other pilot.

After the autopilot disconnected, the copilot was trying to bring up the nose by severely pulling back on his joystick. This apparently caused the plane to stall and the rest is, sadly, history.

The fly-by-wire part of the story is that the pilot, sitting in his seat, couldnât feel what the copilot was doing until it was too late.

I may have some of the finer details wrong, but thatâs the gift of it.

Dave

Visit TechWhirl for the latest on content technology, content strategy and content development | https://techwhirl.com