Considering the STC summit in May

Subject: Considering the STC summit in May
From: Mary Campos <mmcwrite -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: "techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2019 18:36:53 -0800

Hello everyone!

My name is Mary Campos and I am an English major at CSUN. I am considering going to the Society for Technical Communicationâs Summit in May. I just have a few questions for anyone who has gone before as I am not sure what to expect at this event. I would really like some insight on how to get into the field, leads on where to intern, as well as networking opportunities.

Are there good networking opportunities there?
What has been your experience if you have attended a prior STC summit?
What should I expect?
I am hoping that it will be a great learning and networking experience so that when I graduate next year I wonât be spinning my wheels for a while trying to get a job.

Even if you havenât been to the STC summit any pointers or advice would be appreciated! The sooner I start moving forward the better off Iâll be when I graduate.

Thanks in advance!

Mary M. Campos

Visit TechWhirl for the latest on content technology, content strategy and content development | https://techwhirl.com