Service Now for Runbooks and Other Documents

Subject: Service Now for Runbooks and Other Documents
From: Amy Janczy <ajanczy -at- inoc -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2018 13:00:14 -0500

My mid-sized telecommunications company is likely moving to ServiceNow for
ticketing and I will be the lead in determining if this platform will meet
our Knowledge Management needs. The ability to create Knowledge articles
from cases and incidents is the critical factor in our selection of
ServiceNow, and I believe our testing will confirm this feature as adequate
or better.

Our current (very old) wiki is very task-based so porting the data over is
going to be very difficult. It is in an old wiki created for step-by
step documentation with tons of customized templates. If anyone knows
mediawiki, we do a lot of "transclusion" of small pages updated
independently which are accessed via drop-down menus within main process
pages. The wiki is going away. Forever.

Any advice on this? (Yes, we will be using a consultant, I'm just
gathering information for testing purposes and understanding how this all
could work.

Dumb question: Can I assume the Knowledge articles could include links to
the LMS and to Google docs?

Thanks,
Amy

--
*Confidentiality Note**: This message is intended only for the named

recipient and may contain confidential, proprietary or legally privileged

information. Unauthorized individuals or entities are not permitted access

to this information. Any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this

information is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in

error, please advise the sender by reply e-mail, and delete this message

and any attachments. Thank you.*

--

Visit TechWhirl for the latest on content technology, content strategy and content development | https://techwhirl.com