Re: Microsoft Manual of Style vs. github.com/MicrosoftDocs/microsoft-style-guide

Subject: Re: Microsoft Manual of Style vs. github.com/MicrosoftDocs/microsoft-style-guide
From: Tony Chung <tonyc -at- tonychung -dot- ca>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2018 11:46:26 -0700

What they say and what Github enables are totally different things. If MS
is not open to external pull requests against their documentation, there's
nothing stopping us from forking the MSWSG to, say the TechWhirlers Style
Guide and rewriting everything to fit our image. But then that begs the
question, why start with something so MS-centric? Apple has its own Human
Interface Style Guide that describes things almost exactly the opposite of
MS. And as Robert mentioned, and that I am inclined to agree, why Markdown?

-T