Re: Useful training/certifications - not ST or just tech writing

Subject: Re: Useful training/certifications - not ST or just tech writing
From: Robert Lauriston <robert -at- lauriston -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L Writing <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2017 13:22:00 -0700

Being certified for some flavor of agile (not a proper noun)
methodology seems like a waste of time if the developers are not
actually practicing it. Putting that on your resume could conceivably
get you in trouble if you don't have the real-world experience to
answer a hiring manager's questions about working with agile teams.

What might stand out to me if looking through resumes of applications
for an open position would be programming classes that would be useful
on the job, such as SQL or CSS.