Re: What would you do?

Subject: Re: What would you do?
From: Lauren <lauren -at- writeco -dot- net>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2017 14:32:57 -0800

Right. The bay area and many other places outside of Sacramento have a lot more opportunities and I have not seen as many Indian recruiting firms in the ads for jobs in those areas, hence my discussion about Sacramento. I cannot afford the commute to the Bay Area and most of the consulting work around here is with the State or Tech companies. There are non-Indian companies recruiting in Sacramento but there are not recruiting as aggressively as the Indian companies and most of my interviews have been through the Indian companies, who, incidentally, ask for quirky things on the resume that I am not comfortable providing. I have gone to interviews where the hiring manager asked me about my experience with something that a recruiter put on my resume without me knowing.

On 2/9/2017 1:55 PM, Robert Lauriston wrote:

Offshore recruiting companies certainly aren't taking over the market
in Silicon Valley. Anybody a company would want to hire probably
ignores 50 or so email messages from Indian recruiting companies every
week.