Re: The client sales pitch

Subject: Re: The client sales pitch
From: Gene Kim-Eng <techwr -at- genek -dot- com>
To: salt -dot- morton -at- gmail -dot- com, "techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2017 12:54:08 -0800

That's a lot of stuff in the field for an angel-phase startup...

The regulators will be concerned about accuracy and completeness. As long as the users can follow the IFU without becoming so confused that they end up killing someone, it'll pass. The regulators don't care a hoot about style or the company's brand image.

If your PM went out on leave without designating someone to act in her absence, that's a management issue. If you're not allowed to contact her, at least talk to her boss and let that person know that you haven't been told who to consult in her absence.

Gene Kim-Eng

On 1/5/17 6:33 AM, Chris Morton wrote:

The original IFU was copyrighted in 2013. I've been told that they have
product throughout the US, EU and Turkey. Remodeling inside their facility
is going on like mad, apparently to accommodate additional hires.

So, no, I don't believe the company is in a last-ditch mode to get
something to market or a show, per se.

Think about this, please, if the IFU is solely regarded as nothing more
than a requirement, that they rely instead on individual training (they do
have a training facility), then why was I carefully selected to come on? My
contract is substantial (although I have yet to see the actual PO and be
paid anything).

Meanwhile, my handler (who I surmise is a newly-minted PM who was directed
by higher-ups to "get some help") is out until the 11th to attend to a
family matter. I am reticent to approach anyone else within the company,
although the person I sense is her boss met with me during my interview and
we get on quite well.

Questions, questions, questions....