Re: Check box or toggle switch?

Subject: Re: Check box or toggle switch?
From: Lauren <lauren -at- writeco -dot- net>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2016 13:25:40 -0800

What you have shown is a toggle switch and not a toggle button.

Here is what Android calls toggle buttons and toggle switches.

Microsoft guidelines are here.

You should nomenclature that fits with your environment. If your users use Apple products, then use Apple terms. Use Microsoft terms for a Microsoft environment and Android for Android.

On 12/1/2016 7:35 AM, Nina Rogers wrote:

So my question here is, what term should be used to replace "check box
option"? Would it be "toggle switch option"? "Toggle key option"? Or maybe
something that doesn't refer to the image but instead the type of
answer--"multiple-answer option," or something like that. Suggestions?
(Other than asking Dev to change the toggle keys back to check boxes!)

Visit TechWhirl for the latest on content technology, content strategy and content development |


You are currently subscribed to TECHWR-L as archive -at- web -dot- techwr-l -dot- com -dot-
To unsubscribe send a blank email to
techwr-l-leave -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com

Send administrative questions to admin -at- techwr-l -dot- com -dot- Visit for more resources and info.

Looking for articles on Technical Communications? Head over to our online magazine at

Looking for the archived Techwr-l email discussions? Search our public email archives @


Check box or toggle switch?: From: Nina Rogers

Previous by Author: Re: iPhone browser change?
Next by Author: RE: Check box or toggle switch?
Previous by Thread: Re: Check box or toggle switch?
Next by Thread: Re: Check box or toggle switch?

What this post helpful? Share it with friends and colleagues:

Sponsored Ads