RE: "Age-old" question

Subject: RE: "Age-old" question
From: "Wright, Lynne" <Lynne -dot- Wright -at- Kronos -dot- com>
To: Jody Zolli <jody -dot- zolli -at- gmail -dot- com>, TECHWR-L Writing <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2016 19:19:04 +0000

As I just said to someone on a private thread, I have a feeling that its salary expectations that make younger vs older candidates more likely to get hired.

We believe that our skills and experience are worth high-end salaries; but from the company's perspective, its better to hire somebody who will do an adequate job/improve as they go but who is willing to settle for significantly less in terms of salary and vacation time, etc.