Re: Git not for docs? was: Re: How do you use VMs?

Subject: Re: Git not for docs? was: Re: How do you use VMs?
From: Tony Chung <tonyc -at- tonychung -dot- ca>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2016 12:29:18 -0700

The strength of git is lost when using binary files. Dropbox and regular
backups would be a lot better. Besides that, if the docs and code are
technically separate projects, then they should be in separate repos.

However, if the docs use files from the code then you can always create a
branch of the main line to work on, and merge back before release. Then
your doc changes can be prioritized when you merge back.

-Tony