Re: Another maddening RoboHelp problem

Subject: Re: Another maddening RoboHelp problem
From: "William Sherman" <bsherman77 -at- embarqmail -dot- com>
To: "Keith Hood" <bus -dot- write -at- gmail -dot- com>, "techwr-l" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2016 21:38:21 -0400

Seven years ago, I could have really helped you on this. I was spending about 4 hours of OT a day for nearly a year on RoboHelp only, so it was a max effort since it was an OT only project. They wanted results for their 1-1/2 money. And you are right, the RH help was not for the timid, it took a lot to find out what you really needed to do.

Today, I vaguely remember it.

BUT

Mapping issues I remember having a problem with from two ends. All items map to an ID in the code. I found that sometimes RH would remap some of the codes. AND sometimes the programmers would reset their content IDs in the code without telling me. Possibly, they didn't realize they were resetting all the IDs that allow the external help program to find each item.

The solution was to get a list of map IDs from RH and send it to the programmers who would then go back and make all of them match again.

Of course, this was 2009 and I don't remember the version (RH7?) so maybe this isn't the help you need.

Also, I remember they had some issues with where and how the code and help were installed, which the programmers handled, not me.

Hope this helps.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Keith Hood" <bus -dot- write -at- gmail -dot- com>