RE: A Day in Technical Documentation History

Subject: RE: A Day in Technical Documentation History
From: Dan Goldstein <DGoldstein -at- nuot -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L (techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com)" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 27 May 2016 20:38:13 +0000

I was on a bus in Jerusalem on a weekend off from basic training. The guy next to me apparently knew on sight that I was an American immigrant, despite my Israeli army uniform. He said, "Your spaceship exploded." I had no idea what he meant; from the plural "you," I thought he was joking about my infantry unit (which barely had a jeep, let alone a spaceship).

Being an American immigrant in Israel was an easy entry into tech writing, so there's your tie-in.