RE: Windows 10 or not? (possibly OT) - Laptop

Subject: RE: Windows 10 or not? (possibly OT) - Laptop
From: "Steve Hudson" <sh1448291904 -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: "'Stuart Burnfield'" <slb -at- westnet -dot- com -dot- au>, "'Techwr-l'" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2016 11:26:27 +0700

Yeah, I gave up on removing Cortana. The most common gripe seems to be Win 10 having P2P on by default to speed installation / update downloads. That can be switched off, albeit a lil fiddly. Then there was unpinning all MSâ smart tilesâ etc ad nauseum

From: Stuart Burnfield
The main annoyance is all the the phone-home spyware and junk (McAfee). It's like an aggressive, persistent pickpocket who insists that you to buy back your wallet and car keys.