Re: Tech Writer Conractor - no payment

Subject: Re: Tech Writer Conractor - no payment
From: Gene Kim-Eng <techwr -at- genek -dot- com>
To: Robert Courtney <bobsc1 -at- earthlink -dot- net>, TECHWR-L -at- LISTS -dot- TECHWR-L -dot- COM
Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2016 13:50:50 -0800

Are you are working W2 through an agency? If so, your employer of record is the agency, NOT the client. It is the agency's responsibility to pay you, and whatever issues they may be having collecting from their client is their problem, not yours.

If it's the agency that is not responding to you, then filing a complaint with your state's labor dept is probably your only recourse.

Gene Kim-Eng

On 3/2/2016 12:11 PM, Robert Courtney wrote:

I was hoping to get some guidance on my contract position and not have several invoices paid. I finished the contract with the company and they are now defaulting on my last several invoices. I have emailed the accountant to ask about it and was told they are having issues with the accounting department for the company they contracted me to. At this point, I get no response from them. I contacted the personnel department and a contact I reported at the company. No response. What are my alternatives to get paid?