Re: Question about expanding the role of technical writers

Subject: Re: Question about expanding the role of technical writers
From: Robert Lauriston <robert -at- lauriston -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L Writing <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 4 Dec 2015 11:55:44 -0800

Officially I don't do anything but documentation, but that involves a
lot of testing, so I end up filing a lot of bugs, feature requests,
suggestions for creating or revising tests, and so on, plus following
up in JIRA to make sure things get done right. Some of that is
arguably QA, product management, or UI. I'm also an informal technical
resource for people in the field and marketing.

If anyone suggested formally expanding my role I'd say first let me
hire two more writers to take on some of what I'm doing already.