any visual Track Text Edit status - in FM 2015 ?

Subject: any visual Track Text Edit status - in FM 2015 ?
From: "Monique Semp" <monique -dot- semp -at- earthlink -dot- net>
To: "TechWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2015 12:42:20 -0800

Hello, TechWR-L-ers (and cross-posted to the framers list, but the list isnât behaving very well at the moment),

I finally found the FrameMaker 2015 keyboard shortcut to disable Track Text Edits (âEsc s t dâ; the old âEsc s t oâ that used to work as a toggle now only enables the tracking), but I still havenât found any visual status indicator in the UI. Is there some way to tell whether Track Text Edit is enabled or disabled?

Iâm working in a mode of wanting some things to have change tracking but not all things, so Iâm switching back and forth a lot. And without any sort of visual indication, Iâm finding that I keep having to redo things so that I can properly have them marked/not marked with respect to tracking.

In the previous version Iâd been using (FrameMaker 9, part of TCS 2.5), the Track Text Edits toolbar enable/disable button visually changes to show whether the tracking is enabled. But the FM 2015 Track Text Edits toolbar has separate buttons for enabling/disabling, and they seem to be just control buttons, not status indicators.

Thanks for any info,
-Monique