Re: "makefiles" vs. "Makefiles" vs. "make files"

Subject: Re: "makefiles" vs. "Makefiles" vs. "make files"
From: Robert Lauriston <robert -at- lauriston -dot- com>
To: Monique Semp <monique -dot- semp -at- earthlink -dot- net>, TechWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2015 08:32:50 -0800

The convention in UNIX / Linux docs is generally to follow the
capitalization of the code. The command is make. The input file can be
named makefile or Makefile, or sometimes other things, such as
MAKEFILE or GNUmakefile. The common practice of using Makefile is so
it appears higher in directory listings.