RE: Medical Writing Style Guides and books (references)

Subject: RE: Medical Writing Style Guides and books (references)
From: "Janoff, Steven" <Steven -dot- Janoff -at- hologic -dot- com>
To: Dan Goldstein <DGoldstein -at- nuot -dot- com>, "TECHWR-L (techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com)" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2015 02:12:25 +0000

Also, going beyond style guides for a moment, wondering if anyone has any beloved or favorite general books on medical writing that they'd care to recommend.

Thanks so much.

Steve

On Tuesday, October 27, 2015 12:59 PM, Dan Goldstein wrote:

For medical devices, there's no agreed-upon style guide. FDA and Notified Bodies (for international sales) don't dictate comma usage, margins, fonts, etc. Just make sure it's easy to read.

Having said that, you *do* need to use their terminology (CAPAs, complaints, etc.) -- or else have a terrific justification for not using it, along with a glossary.