Re: Footers in Microsoft Word 2013

Subject: Re: Footers in Microsoft Word 2013
From: Margaret Cekis <margaret -dot- cekis -at- comcast -dot- net>
To: Jessica Hogan <Jessica -dot- HerefordHogan -at- nelnet -dot- net>
Date: Mon, 6 Jul 2015 14:35:08 +0000 (UTC)

Jessica Hogan is having trouble with Footers in Microsoft Word 2013
"...I can tell you this, I think it may have to do with the way I bring content, both text and images, into my document, because I end up with dozens of sections in the format view. ..."
Jess:
You may have put your finger on the problem. I'm not sure about the latest version, but Word has always stored its formatting info in or on the section breaks. If you have extra spurious section breaks, they may be invisibly futzing up your header and footer formats. Any stray breaks you unintentionally import with content from other files can bring their own format info for styles, page layout, headers & footers, etc.

Put the document in draft or format view, and find all the section breaks. Delete any that appear anywhere except at the end of the sections or chapters you set up. Make sure that the breaks at the end of each planned section is the type of break you intended (next page, odd page, or continuous). Replace any that are incorrect with the break type you want. Then go to the Insert header/footer tools, and re-edit all your headers and footers. Let me know if that solves your problem.
Margaret Cekis, Johns Creek GA
Learn more about Adobe Technical Communication Suite (2015 Release) | http://bit.ly/1FR7zNW