Re: Future Tech Writer with Software Questions

Subject: Re: Future Tech Writer with Software Questions
From: Craig Lashley <clashley -at- mail -dot- usf -dot- edu>
To: Rick Lippincott <rjl6955 -at- gmail -dot- com>
Date: Sat, 27 Jun 2015 17:08:28 -0400

Thank you Rick for the feedback. Yes, I did have a secret clearance while
in the military but it is long expired. I have been out just over 10 years.
My MOS was entirely mechanical. It was all about how to operate machinery,
tear down components of machinery and rebuild. I also did all the loading
and unloading of weapons as well as preparing for launch. No matter what I
was doing I always had a book in my hand telling me how to do it. I was not
certified QA, but it played a huge role in my job. I was qualified
calibration and did something called weight test. It was ensuring all of
the weapons equipment was suitable for the weight requirements it was
suppose to handle. Post-military I worked for a company called Adtran,
which is what I refer to as a miniature Cisco Systems. I gained a lot of
manufacturing knowledge there, and a lot of MS Office. I have been
following STC online for awhile, but am not a member. I will take that into
consideration. Thank you for the reply and confidence booster.

Craig