Re: Politically correct term for four-eyes authorization?

Subject: Re: Politically correct term for four-eyes authorization?
From: "Monique Semp" <monique -dot- semp -at- earthlink -dot- net>
To: "Robert Fekete" <fekete77 -dot- robert -at- gmail -dot- com>, "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2015 07:08:40 -0700

Possible candidates we found and are
commonly used are "dual control" and "two-person rule", but these are not
as accurate, because in every definition I could find (for example,
http://www.theserverside.com/report/Integration-of-User-Control-Mechanisms-into-Secure-Critical-Applications
), they refer to two users who have the same privileges to perform an
action, but can only do so together. In our setup, this is not the case,
one of the users is who performs the action, and the other approves that.

Not the answer you're looking for, but perhaps related enough that you could find the appropriate term: a standard phrase for requiring that a certain number of users, out of a bigger pool of authorized users, be available to authorize an operation is "M of N".

I understand that "M of N" is not what you're talking about. But perhaps a surf/google along the lines of "authorization methods", "authentication methods", "authorization control", or "access control" (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Access_control) would uncover the mechanism that you're describing.

Learn more about Adobe Technical Communication Suite (2015 Release) | http://bit.ly/1FR7zNW