Re: Freelance, contract part-time

Subject: Re: Freelance, contract part-time
From: Karl Norman <kylesimmons0164 -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: William Sherman <bsherman77 -at- embarqmail -dot- com>, techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Sat, 23 May 2015 01:49:34 +0000

Again, thank you all for the thoughtful replies. William, I'm glad you
brought up some of the legal aspects of contract work. That is something
I've talked to people about before, and it's really helpful to get advice
from people who have "been there."

Aside from needing to watch my back legally, I need to be prepared for
lower pay from small businesses. That seems like maybe the second biggest
hurdle, the first being getting people me to hire me in the first place.

I appreciate your advice. I've got a lot of stuff to think about now, but I
think I'm closer to being able to work out a plan of action.