Re: Table layout - Which way is best?

Subject: Re: Table layout - Which way is best?
From: Robert Lauriston <robert -at- lauriston -dot- com>
To: William Sherman <bsherman77 -at- embarqmail -dot- com>, TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 11 May 2015 09:08:21 -0700

I wouldn't use a table for that since the rows and columns don't
represent relationships among the items. It's just a lot of
time-consuming formattting that conveys no information.

To consolidate the list when the list items are short, you could use
multiple columns.

Consolidating a list by putting multiple list items on each line
instead looks amateurish to me.

If a style guide addressed that, I'd expect it to be covered under
lists, not tables.

Adobe TCS 5: Get the Best of both worlds: modern publishing and best in class XML \ DITA authoring | http://adobe.ly/scpwfT