Re: New writer looking for advice

Subject: Re: New writer looking for advice
From: Mike Starr <mike -at- writestarr -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 2015 13:50:50 -0500

I'm about to be using two monitors. I have two laptops and two desktops. I've been working on getting things set up with a KVM to use all of them with two monitors. I bought a KVM that supports two DVI inputs per system and has two DVI outputs. My docking stations for the Dell laptops have two DVI outputs (even though the Latitude computers themselves only have one). I bought new video cards for the desktops that each have two DVI outputs. I'm just about ready to put it all together. I'm hoping it all works as planned so that I can switch between any one of my four computers and have the output display across two monitors.

Best Regards,

Mike
--
Mike Starr, Writer
Technical Writer - Online Help Developer - WordPress Websites

On 4/17/2015 1:13 PM, Paul Hanson wrote:

If you are using 3 (or more!) monitors, I'd be curious about the specs for
that device. My current laptop graphics card only supports 2 monitors. I am
in the market for a new laptop for my daughter to take to college in fall
2015. I'd like to get her one that supports 3 monitors in case she finds out
she needs that capability.

Paul Hanson
My blog: http://prhmusic.blogspot.com
Me Playing Drums: