RE: Using Auto Screen Shot Tools ~ Are They Helpful?

Subject: RE: Using Auto Screen Shot Tools ~ Are They Helpful?
From: Jill Gallagher <jill -dot- gallagher -at- outlook -dot- com>
To: Tony Chung <tonyc -at- tonychung -dot- ca>
Date: Sat, 11 Apr 2015 12:37:55 -0700

I agree with the value of the video process. We also need static written instructions with screen shots due to the nature of our customer's delivery needs and the HIPAA compliance issues.
Jill Gallagher
Date: Sat, 11 Apr 2015 12:28:43 -0700
From: tonyc -at- tonychung -dot- ca
To: jill -dot- gallagher -at- outlook -dot- com
CC: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com

I've fallen in love with Techsmith's concept of recording a video of the process and snapping screen shots afterward as you need them:
http://blogs.techsmith.com/tips-how-tos/using-snagit-for-process-documentation/

This would work well in your existing process. It would also capture drop down menus. If you set your tool to capture mouse movements you'll see the pointer as well.
-Tony

On Friday, April 10, 2015, Jill Gallagher <jill -dot- gallagher -at- outlook -dot- com> wrote:

My current process is to navigate through the software, digesting the material as the "user," while stopping to create each screen shot using Snippit (that's what we have here). This method allows me to name and save the screen shot and insert it into my document on the fly.

Also, can auto screen shot tools capture dropdown menus?

Adobe TCS 5: Get the Best of both worlds: modern publishing and best in class XML \ DITA authoring | http://adobe.ly/scpwfT