RE: Embedding MS Project file into MS Word

Subject: RE: Embedding MS Project file into MS Word
From: Stan Burnett <stanb -at- xmission -dot- com>
To: 'techwr-l' <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 06 Mar 2015 07:45:32 -0700

Margaret, thanks for the reply. The content in the Project file is too large for an image to be practical.

I need a way to attach content other than an image, and other than the simple Insert > Object (which doesn't work because of the bug).

Thanks again,

Stan

Quoting Margaret Cekis <Margaret -dot- Cekis -at- comcast -dot- net>:

Stan Burnett asked about: Embedding MS Project file into MS Word:
"My current project requires me to take content created in a variety of
file formats, and compile all the content in one Word document.
I've tried to embed an MS Project file into Word (as an icon). This
solution fails because of a known bug:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2661092.
....I'm not sure what a "Packager object class" is, but assume it's a
programming solution.... Can anyone suggest an alternative way to present MS
Project content in a Word document?"
Stan:
Does the MS Project document have to remain interactive in the Word
document? (If so, I can't tell you how to do it.) If all you need in the
word document is a static view of the current timeline/schedule or status
update, could you insert a full-page image of the appropriate
schedule/status screen from MS Project?
Margaret Cekis

Adobe TCS 5: Get the Best of both worlds: modern publishing and best in class XML \ DITA authoring | http://adobe.ly/scpwfT