Re: Resources for learning Structured Writing?

Subject: Re: Resources for learning Structured Writing?
From: Robert Lauriston <robert -at- lauriston -dot- com>
To: "Janoff, Steven" <Steven -dot- Janoff -at- hologic -dot- com>, "techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2014 09:17:36 -0700

I think the lack of general resources on structured writing apart from
DITA reflects DITA's dominance in structured writing. The two are
almost synonymous. DITA concepts are easily transferable to less
popular standards.

Since your plan is to migrate to DITA, additional background seems
like unnecessary complexity to me, like making a course in Middle
English a prerequisite to ESL 101.

Read about how Georgia System Operation Corporation improved teamwork, communication, and efficiency using Doc-To-Help | http://bit.ly/1lRPd2l