Subject: TechWhirl: Technical Communication Recap for October 3, 2014
From: TechWhirl Admin <admin -at- techwhirl -dot- com>
To: Techwr-l <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2014 16:28:33 -0400

Hereâs to winding up another week that could really use about 10 more work
hours just to get it all under control! Here at TechWhirl, weâre gearing up
for a busy season of conference-going; rehearsing for our next TechWhirl
Fast 5:Hitchhikers Guide to XML Authoring
<http://techwhirl.com/event/techwhirl-fast-5-hitchhikers-guide-xml-authoring/>;
monitoring the very interesting discussions happening on the email
discussion list
<http://www.techwr-l.com/frequently-asked-questions.html#subscribe> and
community forum
<http://community.techwhirl.com/entry/register?Target=categories>; and
continuing to plan and publish content designed to intrigue and educate an
ever-growing group of content professionals. Interested in eLearning,
structured authoring, video scripting, organizing documents, or career
advice? Scout out the magazine and the discussion boards, and add your two
cents.

We donât know if you actually need encouragement to share your opinions (it
is something that Whirlers are famous for), but we hope that you will take
the time. Adobe, one of TechWhirlâs longstanding and largest sponsors has
opened their 2014 Tech Comm survey. The good folks of Adobe really do
listen to the feedback they get, so hereâs your chance to influence the
direction of Adobe Tech Comm products â oh and to win some cool prizes:
http://survey.douwriteright.com/

Just two more weeks to compose that real like tech comm horror story (or
the fake ones that seem real). We want your submission for the 2014 Tech
Comm Halloween Horror Festival by October 17.

Have a great weekend!

-Connie and the gang at TechWhirl
In Case You Missed it: This Week @ TechWhirl

*New features and articles on http://TechWhirl.com <http://techwhirl.com/>*
*:*

- Tech Writer This Week for October 2, 2014 | http://ow.ly/CcfoR
- Rapid eLearning Development: Choose the Right Tools for the Work, by
Jill Parman | http://bit.ly/1rJ56Q6
- Tips & Tricks: Making the Move to Structure, by Bernard Aschwanden |
http://bit.ly/1mLey53
- Role of Video in Technical & Support Content (poll) |
http://bit.ly/1nSIyqF
- Tech Comm Halloween Horror Festival 2014 | http://bit.ly/1qvFVyt

*Technical communications news on http://TechWhirl.com/news:
<http://techwhirl.com/news>*

- Suite Solutions Announces Release of SuiteHelp 3.2.5 |
http://ow.ly/2Os909

Social Media and the Chance to Follow TechWhirl:

- Our Google Plus Page â whatâs happening behind the scenes |
http://goo.gl/SO0R4
- Will you be our Friend? Please, you know you want to click |
http://goo.gl/tDrW7
- Want all this TechWhirl goodness a few characters @ a time |
http://goo.gl/itjDg
- Updates from TechWhirl delivered to your email in box |
http://bit.ly/tjshxU
- Or, try our RSS feed (great on Flipboard) | http://goo.gl/msLzu

Sponsored Posts

- MadCap: Single Sourcing Explained: The Power of MadCap Flare
<http://www.madcapsoftware.com/blog/2014/09/15/single-sourcing-explained-the-power-of-madcap-flare/>
- Scriptorium: Content strategy burdens: cost-shifting
<http://www.scriptorium.com/2014/09/content-strategy-burdens-cost-shifting/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=content-strategy-burdens-cost-shifting>
- Adobe Systems: Choosing a Tech Comm Toolkit
<http://blogs.adobe.com/techcomm/2014/09/choosing-a-tech-comm-toolkit.html>
- EasyDITA: A Better Way to Manage Critical Information in the Life
Sciences Industry
<http://easydita.com/a-better-way-to-manage-critical-information-in-the-life-sciences-industry/>

SPONSOR-Luv

We want to send a very special âthank youâ to our sponsors for their
support.

*Platinum*: Adobe Systems Incorporated
<http://www.runaware.com/clients/adobe/techsuite/>

*Gold: *ComponentOne Software <http://bit.ly/doc-to-help>, Madcap Software
<http://www.madcapsoftware.com/products/flare/overview.aspx#whatsnew>

*Silver: * easyDITA <http://easydita.com/>

*Helping the world explore the art of content and communications*
Follow TechWhirl on
Twitter: @TechWriterToday
Facebook: facebook.com/techwriterlist
Google+: *plus.google.com/+techwhirl