Subject: TechWhirl: Technical Communication Recap for May 30, 2014
From: TechWhirl Admin <admin -at- techwhirl -dot- com>
To: Techwr-l <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 30 May 2014 11:47:37 -0400

Down here in Charlotte, NC (where the four seasons consist of January,
February, March and Summer), weâre regularly treated to thunderstorms of
varying intensities, sometimes singly, sometimes in a line. We had a string
of them last night, the first one occurring literally moments after I
picked up the mail (the snail kind) from the mailbox. It was odd because
there was no âcalm before the stormââwatching the storm clouds build up,
hearing some low rumbles of thunder, seeing a few distant lightning
strikes, and feeling winds start to pick upâit just hit. And I began to
think about those warning signals before a big storm in terms of tech comm
and content.

Recent posts, conference sessions and social media commentary, and some
upcoming webinars and such, are swirling around âthe future of tech comm.â
And Iâm not sure yet if this is just one in a line of storms that have
tracked across our horizons for the last few years, or if thereâs a super
cell brewing. While we wait for the latest meteorologistâs prediction,
offering up some useful and engaging contentâlike managing your boss,
getting ready to go global with your content, and more. Time to check it
outâno galoshes required.

Register for the forum
<http://community.techwhirl.com/entry/register?Target=categories> or subscribe
to the email list
<http://www.techwr-l.com/frequently-asked-questions.html#subscribe> join
them and offer your thoughts on And donât forget to check out the archives
<http://www.techwr-l.com/> too.

Have a great weekend!

-Connie and the gang at TechWhirl
In Case You Missed it: This Week @ TechWhirl

*New features and articles on http://TechWhirl.com <http://techwhirl.com/>*
*:*

- Tech Writer This Week for May 29, 2014 | http://bit.ly/1kjZdQW
- The Help Files: Dealing with Your Boss by Managing Up, by Craig
Cardimon | http://bit.ly/1mq2rVL
- Preparing Content for a Global Audience â Part 2, by Connie Giordano |
http://bit.ly/1ng8ahV | http://bit.ly/1nOhmtZ
- Transferring Skills Between Tech Comm and CXM (poll) |
http://bit.ly/1j2jQW7

Social Media and the Chance to Follow TechWhirl:

- Our Google Plus Page â whatâs happening behind the scenes |
http://goo.gl/SO0R4
- Will you be our Friend? Please, you know you want to click |
http://goo.gl/tDrW7
- Want all this TechWhirl goodness a few characters @ a time |
http://goo.gl/itjDg
- Updates from TechWhirl delivered to your email in box |
http://bit.ly/tjshxU
- Or, try our RSS feed (great on Flipboard) | http://goo.gl/msLzu

Sponsored Posts

- EasyDITA: Looking at Trends in the State of Technical Content
Collaboration
<http://easydita.com/looking-at-trends-in-the-state-of-technical-content-collaboration/>
- MadCap: Guest Post: Using MadCap Flare is Like Driving a Formula 1
Racer
<http://www.madcapsoftware.com/blog/2014/05/13/guest-post-using-madcap-flare-is-like-driving-a-formula-1-racer/>
- Scriptorium: Keys to content strategy success: Discovery
<http://www.scriptorium.com/2014/05/keys-to-content-strategy-success-discovery/#utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=keys-to-content-strategy-success-discovery>
- Adobe Systems: Important FrameMaker update 12.0.2 released
<http://blogs.adobe.com/techcomm/2014/05/important-framemaker-update-released.html>

SPONSOR-Luv

We want to send a very special âthank youâ to our sponsors for their
support.

*Platinum*: Adobe Systems Incorporated
<http://www.runaware.com/clients/adobe/techsuite/>

*Gold: *ComponentOne Software <http://bit.ly/doc-to-help>, Madcap Software
<http://www.madcapsoftware.com/products/flare/overview.aspx#whatsnew>

*Silver*: Vancouver Island University <http://pr.viu.ca/techcomm/>, easyDITA
<http://easydita.com/>

Helping the world explore the art of content and communication

Follow TechWhirl on
Twitter: @TechWriterToday
Facebook: facebook.com/techwriterlist
Google+: plus.ly/TechWhirl

Doc-To-Help 2014 v1 now available. SharePoint 2013 support, NetHelp enhancements, and more. Read all about it.

Learn more: http://bit.ly/NNcWqS