RE: Windows 7 installation

Subject: RE: Windows 7 installation
From: "Al Geist" <al -at- geistarts -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2014 09:14:30 -0400

When I moved from XP-Pro to Windows 7-Pro, I also moved from 32-bit OS to
64-Bit OS. I still have my old XP system, because Nikon stopped updating its
scanner software for my Coolscan V. I have a workaround, and I can buy new
software from a different vendor for about $300. But as long as that old XP
system is running, I see no need to fork out my meager funds for new
software. Like another poster said, I do not have it hooked to the Internet;
although, I keep my anti-virus software up-to-date because it is connected
to my home network via a hard-wire link. (The wireless is way too slow.)

Fine Art Photography
Mobile: 231-301-5770
E-mail: al -at- geistarts -dot- com
Website: www.geistarts.com
Facebook: Geist Arts
See Also:
Technical Communication, Help, Documentation Management

"...I walked to work, quit my job, and kept walking. Better to be a pilgrim
without a destination, I figured, than to cross the wrong threshold each
day." (Sy Safransky)