Subject: TechWhirl: Technical Communication Recap for April 4, 2014
From: TechWhirl Admin <admin -at- techwhirl -dot- com>
To: Techwr-l <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2014 12:11:20 -0400

April Fools' Day is the most important "holiday" we celebrate here at

- It proves that technical communicators (and tech comm vendors) "get"
funny--we really do have a sense of humor.
- It provides some nice stress relief (at least for one day) from
dealing with SMEs, developers, project managers and others who may not
"get" tech comm.
- It's the anniversary of the day Al and I officially took over

During the week leading up to April Fools' Day, we spent at least as much
time laughing at all the great pieces created by our partners and our
writers, as getting them set up to publish. When work is fun, all is well....
In other words it was a great week.

Whirlers managed to find time to dive into more serious topics--check out
the discussions on less-than-perfect Agile documentation and survey of how
far tech writers go through search results. Feel free to participate, in
fact we strongly encourage it, since there are knowledgeable, earnest,
curious and funny folks there just waiting for the chance to talk tech
comm. Register for the
forum<http://community.techwhirl.com/entry/register?Target=categories>or
subscribe
to the email list<http://www.techwr-l.com/frequently-asked-questions.html#subscribe>.
Don't forget to check out the archives <http://www.techwr-l.com/> for a
little historical perspective.

Have a great weekend!

-Connie and the gang at TechWhirl
In Case You Missed it: This Week @ TechWhirl

*New features and articles on http://TechWhirl.com <http://techwhirl.com/>*
*:*

- Tech Writer This Week April 3, 2014 | http://bit.ly/1scapXl
- Product Review: Samalander DITA XREF Manager Fills A DITA Tools Void,
by Jacquie Samuels | http://bit.ly/1jgmeYv
- Tips and Tricks: FrameMaker 12 Features Every Author Can Use, by
Bernard Aschwanden | http://bit.ly/1mDlsI1

*April Fools' Day 2014*

- TechComm News: TechCommGeekMom Closing Down Blog | http://ow.ly/2Fg9Lj
- Acrolinx Adds New Voice Measurement to Its Metrics Dashboard |
http://bit.ly/1dNHo07
- Neuro-linguistic Programming Breakthrough Powers ClickHelp Upcoming
Release | http://bit.ly/1hd12xv
- Study: Women Technical Writers Earn Fewer Peanuts Than Men, by
Yehoshua Paul | http://bit.ly/1mGe1Qd
- Doc-To-Help Unveils Thought-Enabled User Assistance |
http://bit.ly/1mrYX5Y
- EasyDITA: New Version Supports Twerking | http://bit.ly/1lyE63C
- Adobe is Truly the New 'Frame'Maker | http://bit.ly/1htjian
- Controversial New DITA Element Set For 2.0 Release, by Edward
Smyda-Homa | http://bit.ly/1i8LJIC

Social Media and the Chance to Follow TechWhirl:

- Our Google Plus Page - what's happening behind the scenes |
http://goo.gl/SO0R4
- Will you be our Friend? Please, you know you want to click |
http://goo.gl/tDrW7
- Want all this TechWhirl goodness a few characters @ a time |
http://goo.gl/itjDg
- Updates from TechWhirl delivered to your email in box |
http://bit.ly/tjshxU
- Or, try our RSS feed (great on Flipboard) | http://goo.gl/msLzu

Sponsored Posts

- EasyDITA: 5 things you need to do to get search
right<http://easydita.com/5-things-you-need-to-do-to-get-search-right/>
- MadCap: You Deserve Great Tech Support: 3 Reasons Why MadCap
Technical Support is
Awesome<http://www.madcapsoftware.com/blog/2014/03/26/you-deserve-great-tech-support/>
- Scriptorium: Webcast: The Bottom Line: Globalization and the
Dependence on Intelligent
Content<http://www.scriptorium.com/2014/03/webcast-the-bottom-line-globalization-and-the-dependence-on-intelligent-content/#utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=webcast-the-bottom-line-globalization-and-the-dependence-on-intelligent-content>
- Adobe Systems: FrameMaker 12 Feature Focus 3): FrameMaker XML
Author 12<http://blogs.adobe.com/techcomm/2014/03/framemaker-12-feature-focus-3-framemaker-xml-author-12.html>

SPONSOR-Luv

We want to send a very special "thank you" to our sponsors for their
support.

*Platinum*: Adobe Systems
Incorporated<http://www.runaware.com/clients/adobe/techsuite/>

*Gold: *ComponentOne Software <http://bit.ly/doc-to-help>, Madcap
Software<http://www.madcapsoftware.com/products/flare/overview.aspx#whatsnew>

*Silver*: Vancouver Island University <http://pr.viu.ca/techcomm/>, easyDITA
<http://easydita.com/>

<http://easydita.com/>

Online Magazine and Discussions for Today's Tech Writer

Follow TechWhirl on
Twitter: @TechWriterToday
Facebook: <http://easydita.com/>facebook.com/techwriterlist
Google+: plus.ly/TechWhirl
Doc-To-Help 2014 v1 now available. SharePoint 2013 support, NetHelp enhancements, and more. Read all about it.

Learn more: http://bit.ly/NNcWqS