Subject: TechWhirl: Technical Communication Recap for February 7, 2014
From: TechWhirl Admin <admin -at- techwhirl -dot- com>
To: Techwr-l <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2014 14:52:32 -0500

You know how you can look forward to planning and preparing a delicious
dinner for family and friends, serve it beautifully, and then sit back and
enjoy the satisfaction of a job well done, and the deliciousness, too?
That's the kind of week we had on TechWhirl.com.

Members of our Special Writers Unit have been reading, researching and
working on some hearty dishes of DITA and agile development, sprinkled with
a touch of news, and garnished with an interesting poll question.
Thoughtfully prepared, satisfying and delicious.

Looking for TechWhirlers to Beta Test

One of our long-time Whirlers, Keith Hood, is looking for some fellow TWs
to help with some beta-testing: People familiar with MS Word to test a
system of using code fields to create conditional text and single-sourcing
in Word documents. Contact Keith Hood, bus -dot- write -at- gmail -dot- com if you're
interested and want details.

You too can be a valued Whirler like Keith. Post a comment via the community
forums <http://community.techwhirl.com/>, start or respond to a thread on
the email discussion list <http://www.techwr-l.com/>. We're always
interested in the feedback from taste-testers, food critics and other tech
comm and content management chefs.

Have a great weekend, and bon appetit!

-Connie and the gang at TechWhirl
In Case You Missed it: This Week @ TechWhirl

*New features and articles on http://TechWhirl.com <http://techwhirl.com/>*
*:*

- Tech Writer This Week February 6, 2014 | http://bit.ly/1b4Sb5b
- Book Review: Get "DITA for Print" Before You Start Customizing, by
Ryan Minaker | http://bit.ly/1ipO4PY
- Agile and Tech Comm: The Whole Team Approach, by Alyssa Fox |
http://bit.ly/1fKGHSJ
- What Is DITA?, by Jacquie Samuels | http://bit.ly/1bnNSPQ
- Stilo International: Delivering on the Promise of Automated Content
Conversion, by Connie Giordano| http://bit.ly/1aDSKSN
- Still Relevant User Support Documentation? (poll |
http://bit.ly/1f4VRAp

*Technical Communication news on http://TechWhirl.com/news
<http://techwhirl.com/news>:*

- Bluestream Database Software Introduces XDocs 4.0 | http://ow.ly/2DsF0Q

Social Media and the Chance to Follow TechWhirl:

- Our Google Plus Page - what's happening behind the scenes |
http://goo.gl/SO0R4
- Will you be our Friend? Please, you know you want to click |
http://goo.gl/tDrW7
- Want all this TechWhirl goodness a few characters @ a time |
http://goo.gl/itjDg
- Updates from TechWhirl delivered to your email in box |
http://bit.ly/tjshxU
- Or, try our RSS feed (great on Flipboard) | http://goo.gl/msLzu

Sponsored Posts

- Scriptorium: Content management and localization - finding the right
fit<http://www.scriptorium.com/2014/02/content-management-and-localization-finding-the-right-fit/#utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=content-management-and-localization-finding-the-right-fit>
- Adobe Systems: Introducing the new single layout based Responsive
HTML5 publishing<http://blogs.adobe.com/techcomm/2014/02/rh-11-mobile-publishing.html>
- EasyDITA: Improving the customer experience with better communication
and support<http://easydita.com/improving-the-customer-experience-with-better-communication-and-support/>
- MadCap Software: MadCap Software's Free Winter Webinar
Schedule<http://www.madcapsoftware.com/blog/2014/01/30/madcap-softwares-free-winter-webinar-schedule/>

SPONSOR-Luv

We want to send a very special "thank you" to our sponsors for their
support.

*Platinum*: Adobe Systems
Incorporated<http://www.runaware.com/clients/adobe/techsuite/>

*Gold: *ComponentOne Software <http://bit.ly/doc-to-help>, Madcap
Software<http://www.madcapsoftware.com/products/flare/overview.aspx#whatsnew>

*Silver*: Vancouver Island University <http://pr.viu.ca/techcomm/>,
easyDITA<http://easydita.com/>

Helping the world explore the art of content and communication

Follow TechWhirl on
Twitter: @TechWriterToday
Facebook: facebook.com/techwriterlist
Google+: plus.ly/TechWhirl
Doc-To-Help: new website, content widgets, and an output that works on any screen.

Learn more: http://bit.ly/1eRs4NS