Subject: TechWhirl: Technical Communication Recap for January 10, 2014
From: TechWhirl Admin <admin -at- techwhirl -dot- com>
To: Techwr-l <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2014 10:09:58 -0500

So are you ready for a vacation yet? First full week back on the job, and
I’m looking a bit longingly at the fairly empty meeting calendar of the
last three weeks. No matter, lots of cool things have started the year off
with a bang, and our tech comm and content friends are part of making it
all happen. Jill Viers captures the themes, the takeaways and the ambience
that was LavaCon 2013, and Alyssa Fox provides practical advice for
communicators who want to be a key part of their company’s agile team. If
you haven’t made your professional resolutions yet, vote in the poll and
let us know what your goals are for the new year. And of course Tech Writer
This Week uncovers what others are talking, or at least musing, about in
the worlds of tech comm, content strategy, and customer experience
management.

The community forums/email discussion list always has some interesting
debates, so go ahead and lurk, participate or initiate as you feel
inclined. As always, if you have ideas for topics we should be covering
somewhere on TechWhirl, or a hankering to cover some of them yourself, drop
me a note <connie -at- inktopia -dot- net>.

Have a great weekend!

-Connie and the gang at TechWhirl
In Case You Missed it: This Week @ TechWhirl

*New features and articles on http://TechWhirl.com <http://techwhirl.com/>*
*:*

- Tech Writer This Week for January 9, 2014 | http://bit.ly/1ais8F3
- Agile and Tech Comm: Four Must-do’s to Become a Key Agile Team Member,
by Alyssa Fox | http://bit.ly/1bNINw5
- LavaCon 2013: Depth, Breadth, and a Welcoming Atmosphere for Content
Professionals, by Jill Viers | http://bit.ly/19Xwdhi
- Content Professionals’ Resolutions for 2014 (poll) |
http://bit.ly/19YF173

Social Media and the Chance to Follow TechWhirl:

- Our Google Plus Page – what’s happening behind the scenes |
http://goo.gl/SO0R4
- Will you be our Friend? Please, you know you want to click |
http://goo.gl/tDrW7
- Want all this TechWhirl goodness a few characters @ a time |
http://goo.gl/itjDg
- Updates from TechWhirl delivered to your email in box |
http://bit.ly/tjshxU
- Or, try our RSS feed (great on Flipboard) | http://goo.gl/msLzu

Sponsored Posts:

- Adobe Systems: Lavacon13 Thought Leaders 10) Translators without
Borders and Doing More with
Less<http://blogs.adobe.com/techcomm/2014/01/lavacon13-thought-leaders-10.html>
- EasyDITA: How to create publications using DITA
Maps<http://techwhirl.com/sponsored-posts/create-publications-using-dita-maps/>
- MadCap Software: MadCap Software’s 2013 Year in
Review<http://www.madcapsoftware.com/blog/2013/12/30/madcap-softwares-2013-year-in-review/>
- Scriptorium: Will it blend? Content management software and
localization
companies<http://www.scriptorium.com/2014/01/will-it-blend-content-management-software-and-localization-companies/#utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=will-it-blend-content-management-software-and-localization-companies>

SPONSOR-Luv

We want to send a very special “thank you” to our sponsors for their
support.

*Platinum*: Adobe Systems
Incorporated<http://www.runaware.com/clients/adobe/techsuite/>

*Gold: *ComponentOne Software <http://bit.ly/doc-to-help>, Madcap
Software<http://www.madcapsoftware.com/products/flare/overview.aspx#whatsnew>

*Silver*: Vancouver Island University <http://pr.viu.ca/techcomm/>,
easyDITA<http://easydita.com/>

Online Magazine and Discussions for Today's Tech Writer

Follow TechWhirl on
Twitter: @TechWriterToday
Facebook: facebook.com/techwriterlist
Google+: plus.ly/TechWhirl